Monday, March 11, 2013

Brigit

Today the most amazing thing happened... No it wasn't that I got another cuddle from a famous jeweller, though I did awkwardly say hi to Otto Kunzli... Not my finest moment. Oh well!

Anyway, today I found a jar... But not just any jar, the most AMAZING jar.

In my world this is so exciting because the only reason I bought this jar was because I was interested in its contents... Panna Cotta (which I must say was absolutely delicious!) But I was so pleasantly surprised to find that this jar had a hidden secret.

Now I know people reading this are saying to themselves "this girl has actually lost it, how can she be so hooked up on a humble jar". Well the thing is I love jars! I collect them, all types, shapes and sizes. I am completely and utterly fascinated by them. To the point that I am determined to use them in my honours project. Even if I have to learn new techniques that include more than solder paste and glue.

So what makes this jar so truly amazing is that there is no internal undercut, meaning a mould can be easily be made from it. There is no need for filling the inside as it will pop easily out of the mould (no undercut it can get caught on) . Also I can make exact casts of it. More or less I have to do one less thing in the process of casting, which in my world in the ultimate plus.

Anyway here is a picture of my half eaten Panna Cotta in the worlds most perfect jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment