Sunday, March 10, 2013

Peter - Day Twelve - The PAINFUL things we do in the name of Art.

Three days of galleries viewing and a majority of the other are closing today, it is overwhelming with the everything we have done so far. However since it was in possible to get to all of these closing galleries, we decided to be selective of which ones we were viewing.

After listing to Warwick Freeman's speech, visited a few galleries, I just came to the point were I need a little bit of a break so the what I saw on the previous days could be digested and make room for new things.

While I was sitting outside, waiting for the other to finish at one of the exhibition, Chris came out and we started to discussed about our ideas for the Souvenirs project, bouncing thoughts off of one another.

I shared that at the time that on this trip, I have been surrounded in the interested of the cultures of both Germany and Amsterdam, and how it is a contrast to other place that I have lived in, and I how I have been notice that I am being constantly reminded on this trip of Third Culture Kids topics, questioning about your home and the "where" of you. But then I also quite interested in the our travel part of the trip, with the flights, trains to the different cities and the Ubans (underground). But who know, I feel that I am in a bit of a rut and nothing popping out at me. I may change my mind later.

The Schloss Nymphenber, (Munich's Castle)
Towards the end of the day, we to the exhibition that was being held at the Schloss Nymphenberg, Munich's castle. As I walked out the the tram, I notice that there was a lot of gravel because of the snow. This should have been a sign. As we looked around the exhibition, I decided to see how long it would take to get to the last exhibition on our schedule and found it would take us 50 minutes and the show was ending in 55 minutes. So we ran as fast as week we could to get towards the tram, stupidly with my iPhone in my hand. As we were closing on to the tram stop, the tram we needed to catch arrived, we ran faster, then there was gravel. Bam, scrich, cracked. Oh how stupid was I.
Oh my poor phone. 

There I was, scrap the heel of my hand, torn a patch in my pant, everyone worried about my condition. However, I wasn't concerned about myself, I was concerned about my now 3 cracked screen iPhone. Luckily it was still working, but now the visual side of things was a bit interesting. Anyways, I passed on seeing the last gallery and when straight back to the hotel. Thank god for Valerie's survival pack, it help a lot with bandaging up my hand and knee.



My injury, thank you Valerie for the survival pack!




No comments:

Post a Comment