Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Peter - Day Fourteen - My Boots as Jewellery?

Tuesday, by now we were all brains were about to burst with all the amount of jewellery we have seen in the last few days.

But we were all invited to go back to the back and see Handshake presentation at the Schmuck convention.

By now, my boots, the ones I normally travel with either when flying or cold winter places, or really anywhere, were basically dead. Big scuffs, a couple of holes where my big toes push agains the leather, and no matter how much you polished it, the leather looked tired. It's about time to let them go.

The reason why I brought this was the fact on the train ride back from the Schmuck, Chris pointed out the hole in my right boot, which I pointed out that I knew, and after the trip I was going to let them go. However, since our group knew that I am considering to do travel as a concept for the project for this trip, I should use them as the material for a jewellery piece since these boots have travelled everywhere.

This was an interesting comment, I mean, this is true, these boots have travelled with my everywhere. But does it relate to this trip? I suppose it could and the name of the piece might be "The Death of my Boot," not sure. To argue though, it would relate to the travel of this trip since most of the serve damage that was done to these boots was done in mainly Germany.

The only problem that is racking around in my brain is the fact how is the viewer going to read the piece? Time to experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment