Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stephanie's day sieben in München!

So after a fantastic 'day off' where we traipsed around and acted the tourist, we woke to the cruel cold of 4am - or whatever the time was, I was asleep even if I looked convincingly otherwise - and got on a plane. Thank god (or Karin's planning) we had the rest of that day to continue the tourist thing - which we interpreted as snow-ball fight. Obviously.





SO! To continue on our critical thread, today being day 7, we met the lovely Helen Britton and her husband, David Bielander. (On a side note in reference to one of my previous blogs, the two share a studio with another artist.) One practice Helen employs that resonates with me is how she likes to employ one idea over an entire series. This is beautifully refreshing for me, whose work has been consistently referred to as 'convoluted'. The prospect of taking one idea, and having the freedom to able to explore it over an entire series sounds delicious! I'm ready to try it! For our project in relation to this trip I will definitely be doing a series! And I haven't said before, but I've found myself attracted specifically to the patterns of cobble stones and moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment