Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day Fifteen (David)


Day fifteen we took the train to Nuremberg, and on the way we stopped in Pforziem to visit the Pforziem Jewellery Museum, and saw snow falling. The Museum was fascinating. I was particularly taken with the historical section. I must admit that I was sidetracked a bit by the jewellery from the era I recreate as a reenactor, however, I feel now that even this isn't “getting sidetracked” in an absolute sense. The date and time on this entry is a blatant lie, I am writing this after Easter. Soon after getting back from the trip, I had a smash in my car and this is informing one of my current projects quite a lot. It seems to me that since the trip I have really come to appreciate the fact that, as artists we are always working, however “sidetracked” we feel. Whilst I have always known this for a fact, I think I have just learned how to actually live it. So, although I have a lot more photos of jewels from 5th and 6th Century Western Europe than anything else, among those I took at Pforziem, I don’t feel that I was wasting my time, in taking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment